Rayanova El'vira Talgatovna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of public law, deputy head of educational process support department, Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping (15a Kosaya liniya street, Vasilyevsky island, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Consequences of a negative role of depriving factors in higher education are obvious. Topicality of the subject matter is stipulated by a lack special psychological and pedagogical studies of the educational deprivation phenomenon regarding higher education. The aim of the present work is to theoretically substantiate and determine depriving factors prevention system components at higher professional education institutions.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were achieved using philosophical and psychological and pedagogical literature concerning the phenomenon of educational deprivation, as well as by observing the educational process of the Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping, analysis of its subjects’ performance, educational environment and overall university’s infrastructure. The methodological potential included observation and hypothetico-deductive methods allowing to determine importance of depriving factors prevention system components at higher professional education institutions, as well as the comparative method enabling to compare objective and subjective depriving factors in the educational process.
Results. The author considered main aspects of the problem of depriving factors impacting professional training, determined approaches to studying the deprivation phenomenon including personality-oriented, subjective-objective, psychological, subject-activity and competence ones. The researcher determined strategic principles, compliance with which provides efficiency of the present system functioning. The work determines and comments on the main components of the depriving factors prevention and neutralization system at higher professional education institutions.
Conclusions. The depriving factors prevention system consists of a number of components including methodological approaches to solving the educational deprivation problems, strategic principles of its solution, educational and fostering university activity, subjects of the educational process, universitiy’s educational environment and infrastructure. The above-mentioned system will function efficiently only provided the monitoring of educational and noneducational activity of students, their interests and life.
higher education, methodological approaches, stimulation of interest, motivation, subjects of educational process, infrastructure and service provision at high school, high school learning activities, university educational activities.
1. Boulbi Dzh. Psikhologiya razvitiya: khrestomatiya [Psychology of development: reader]. Saint-Petersburg, 2001, pp. 126–153.
2. Langmeyer Y., Mateychek Z. Psikhicheskaya deprivatsiya v detskom vozraste [Mental deprivation in childhood]. Praga: Avitsenum, Meditsinskoe izdatel'stvo, 1984, 335 p.
3. Pringle Mia Kellmer The needs of children. London: Hutchinson Educational Ltd, 1975, 178 p.
4. Farthing G. W. The psychology of consciousness. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 1992.
5. Berezhnova L. N. Teoreticheskie osnovy preduprezhdeniya deprivatsii v obrazovatel'nom protsesse: dis. d-ra ped. nauk: 13.00.01 [Theoretical bases of deprivation prevention in education: dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of pedagogical sciences]. Saint-Petersburg: RGPU, 2000, 435 p.
6. Kudryavtseva M. E. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental research]. 2013, no. 10–12, pp. 2782–2786.
7. Rayanova E. T. Sotsial'no-psikhologicheskie, pedagogicheskie i mediko-psikho-fiziologicheskie problemy modernizatsii obshchestva na evraziyskom prostranstve: sb. materialov nauch.-prakt. konf. (g. Sankt-Peterburg, 28–29 noyabrya 2013 g.) [Sociopsychological, pedagogical and medical-psychological-physiological problems of Eurasian society modernization: proceedings of the scientific and practical conference (Saint-Petersburg, 28–29 November 2013)]. Saint-Petersburg: MIEP, 2013, part 2, pp. 163–167.
8. Kudryavtseva M. E. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie osnovy deyatel'nosti uchitelya po vospitaniyu esteticheskogo vkusa uchashchikhsya: dis. kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.01 [Psychological and pedagogical foundations of teachers’ activity in fostering aesthetic taste in pupils: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of pedagogical sciences].Saint-Petersburg, 2000, 220 p.